2 cups all-purpose flour
125ml butter (lightly melted)
3 tablespoons of water
3 leaves of kale chopped or 1 cup spinach
1 cup broccoli
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tablespoon of oil (coconut, olive or canola oil)
5 large eggs
1 cup of milk
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- In a large ceramic bowl use your hand to mix flour and butter until texture resembles bread crumbs. Add water mixing until dough forms (it should be firm)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 Celsius
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and rustically cut 11-inch round. Transfer dough to 9-inch tart ceramic dish or pan. Trim edges
- Fill shell with parchment paper or aluminium foil and fill with raw beans or baking weights. Bake until crust is dry and lightly golden, about 10-13minutes.
- In a steamer or saucepan steam kale and broccoli
- In a frying pan over medium heat add oil and sauté onion until soft
- In a bowl, combine milk and eggs. Add kale, broccoli, onion and salt. Pour mixture into baked tart shell and bake until filling set, about 40 minutes. Add cheese and let it melt. Serve warm.
NOTE: you can fill the shell with any other filling you like, because the shell is yummy with anything.