10 Jul 2017




Day 0 July 3rd

We packed the remaining things that I wanted to bring on this journey to make it an easy transition as possible. I managed to squeeze as much as my heart desired.

The children played by the garage for some time. I observed them from the window. Filled with nostalgia I went outside to capture the moment, knowing too well that  because the spot that will fill most of their summer childhood memories will be no more than a deserted play area. Filling buckets of sand, getting water from the house to water the wildness that is our raised vegetable garden. I took a deep breath and relaxed into the idea of new memories made by the sea at grandparents house on by the sea.

Yet, I thought about the tide of the sea coming and going for them to have a combination of water and sand to play in. But all that thought went away because just twenty minutes before the taxi arrived their got themselves wet from the water I told them not to play with. So I had to rush to change them again, but all was well. We got to the airport perfectly on time.

Day 1 July 4th
We arrived at Gatwick airport, the children didn't find it difficult to wake up. They were bright and ready to get out of the aircraft. Our luggages arrived on time. We found Granddad and auntie waiting for us. The children didn't play shy and promptly held onto Granddad's hand.

Day 2 July 5th
We rolled out from bed onto the dining table because the children woke up in the middle of the night. Little girl drank some water and went back straight to be but little boy wanted to go back to his beloved Canada. It was quiet funny because the night before he was saying he doesn't want to go back home.

Day 3 July 6th
The children woke up before me around 5:30am. It felt like they were getting back to their normal waking hours. We played in the water, went to the local park and play some more in the water. In the evening we took the dog for a walk and the children loved it because they just love having a dog. They are always cuddling it. Anyways the house was beautiful with some many new things. This town is striving.

Day 4 July 7th
This was the day I lost my water shoes in the mud (picture above), because I was trying to be adventurous to find a short cut to the house. We walked to a point and I just got stuck so either was me in the mud all over or give up the shoes. Little boy was sad that I lost my shoes but I told him it was important that I was safe. We to wash our feet straight as we walked into the house. The children baked some cookies with Grandma before lunch. After lunch when the sun was less hot I took the children out on the beach for a quick exploration. Once the girl next door came back from school (in UK schools don't close until the end of July), AOI went to put he swimsuit on to play in the high tide.



  1. Looking forward to reading all about your adventure!

  2. This is going to be an awesome adventure! Thanks for sharing.


Yes, I L*O*V*E them and look forward to receive great advice and encouragement. Let me know you are here, just write hi :)

THEODORA OFOSUHIMA © 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Seek Permission Before Reproduction. Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design